My Go-To Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe
If you're looking for a simple, crowd-pleasing recipe, I've got the one for you! These are called Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies by Paula Deen. You can find the recipe here. Check out the video below to see how I make them, or scroll below to see the written recipe.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1 (18 oz) box moist chocolate cake mix
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
1. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls.
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey.
6. Cool completely and sprinkle with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.